right...so as probably all of you know now, my contract was renewed here at the Archives, which is really exciting but also made for a pretty bittersweet weekend. Sadly Katie isn't here anymore as only one of us got to stay on. so it's sad and feels kind of crappy being here at her expense! But I do still have a full-time job! great!

had a good weekend - was going to go out celebrating friday night, but I fell asleep on our couch and missed out on some major boozing, which was most likely for the best! spent the day at mom's on saturday relaxing and doing a little bit of sewing, then celebrated DJ's 30th birthday! oh, what? he's not 30 yet? hmmm....my mistake!! watched Lords of Dogtown which I enjoyed much more than I thought I was going to. it was pretty funny...then after a not-so-fitful night of five hours of sleep, I was up to go to the Run for the Cure for breast cancer. I felt really good after doing it - makes you feel pretty wonderful knowing that you have contributed to a pretty worthwhile cause like that one. It was pretty emotional at the beginning, though! a bunch of people had lists of names of the people they are running for, as well as some even had pictures of people who had passed away. it made me feel pretty fortunate that I haven't known anyone who has died of breast cancer - just running for a cure!

so that was my weekend, and I'm back at the office now trucking away. there's a big re-naming event here as the reading room is being re-named in honour of the previous Director so Casey has got to take some photos - kind of like being a press photographer, except most of the public showing up are going to be little old ladies, and the staff! so I'll talk to you later...have a wonderful monday!

~casey

5 Response to " "

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh Casey I am so happy for you!!! It must have been big Al's letter..lol What a worry not to have anymore.

  2. Tracey Robertson Says:

    it was totally dad's letter....ummm me and casey have known each other since you guys were pregnant with us...atleats according to dad!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    It was that full moon.. Thats why Harry potter is your idol

  4. Tracey Robertson Says:

    i soooo don't get that wise one....???

  5. Unknown Says:

    Wow I have no idea what in the hell any of you are talking about...so this comment is all I can contribute