ok...I'm totally cool with watching scary movies and being alone in the dark. In fact, I enjoy being scared in movies and that kind of thing. But I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to go to Fright Nights and come out of it ok. Just going to the website freaked me out a little bit - now that's embarassing!

Nice to see you on the bus yesterday, Jeaninne! Did we scare you? how's the job going? call me on my cell phone this afternoon if you're free!

so I'm reading the newspaper yesterday and I came across this article about these two 13 year old girls in California who are white supremacists and are recording their second album (their band name is Prussian Blue). They're songs are about making sure good white babies are born, as well as a song in dedication to one of Hitler's right-hand men! One song is actually called 'Aryan Man Awake!' I couldn't believe it - and their mom is upset that people are criticizing her children. She said her girls just want to sing about their German heritage and Vikings. The thing that gets me the most is that obviously these girls are not writing their own songs about the Resistance. Take a look at their website if you don't believe it. I was pretty much in shock.

Speaking of the whole white supremacy thing...Rosa Parks died a few days ago. Remember, she was the lady that didn't move to the back of the bus when a white man wanted to sit down in her spot. The very beginning of the Civil Rights movement started that day. It seems to me as though our society has begun to digress back into the mindset of the 50s and 60s again when it comes to feelings towards other races, no matter what colour your skin it!.

...but then again maybe it's just me.
Happy hump day!
~casey

12 Response to " "

  1. Tracey Robertson Says:

    totally agree case...especially in taking all these soc courses you realize how depressing the world is and how much unearned privilege we really get!

    i saw those girls on primetime last week and the mom and her organization were donating food and supplies for hurricane katrina as long as it was going to only white people....and i believe the red cross (or whatever organization) refused...it was pretty sick overall...and sad as it shows how if raise with hatred that it will continue down the lines...the mom was raised as a white supremacist, and now her children are...

  2. casey Says:

    I know!

    the girls were homeschooled and her mom used textbooks from the 1950s!

  3. Unknown Says:

    I saw the special on those two on Primetime last week too, it is pretty sad to see our next generation being molded to be white supremacists...Those girls were so ridiculous...the great thing about their donation box for hurricane katrina victims was no one ended taking their "whites only" box....when asked what they thought about the fact that Hitler had ordered the deaths of 60 million jews they responed that they thought that was a total exageration and there wasn't even that many jews alive in that era?
    Very sad that their mom is raising them to believe things like that!

  4. Unknown Says:

    Hey you guys did scare me...what a fluke to see you on the bus!

  5. Unknown Says:

    The website is totally scary Casey! You are going to be traumatized, hold onto your wallet you don't want to get mugged! The pictures just looked so gory BLAH!

  6. Anonymous Says:

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  7. Anonymous Says:

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  8. Tracey Robertson Says:

    well i guess i am glad i live in canada!

  9. Anonymous Says:

    Wow, there are definately some wackos out there. It is amazing all the people out there that you don't even realize.

  10. Unknown Says:

    HELLOOO POST PLEASE!!!!!!

  11. Anonymous Says:

    Yahoo, Al has finally fixed the computer so I can write again and not be just a peeping tom. Are ya not so glad I am back!! Oh by the way I saw primetime and I guess they had over 3 million people responded about the program last week. I hear you got a couple Casey.

  12. Unknown Says:

    Glad you are back Janie Pants, Yah Case, I wish I could have seen those, we could have had a WAR