yikes...

wow...so much goes on when you don't have time to write, hey? It's funny here because I'll go a week or so without getting orders, and then all of a sudden somebody comes in and orders 50 photos about strikes! funny...so despite the fact that I haven't written on here in days, nothing is really new with me! I must say, I'm REALLY not looking forward to Valentine's day. I'm at Save-on this weekend, and we're getting 160 dozen roses, plus another 150 bouquets of other stuff. crazy...and all of these poor saps are going to be so ridiculous rushing out on tuesday to buy flowers for their significant others because they're told to. I hate Valentines's day. I'm going to see if sal wants to boycott it with me...I don't think he will...

So dad is doing good over in Italy so far. He's working really long days - gets picked up at 7am from the hotel and then gets taken back around 9pm. I hope for his sake it's not going to be like that once the games start...his first one is the Canadian women's first game. I'm starting to get a bit excited, especially since the talk is that Canada is expected to do really well, but I hate when that gets mentioned because there's soooo much pressure now. Didn't that happen at the last winter games? Tracey?? But girls, I don't think we missed much by not going to Turin back in grade 12 - dad says it's quite the little industrial town and it's hard to find locals that speak english.

OK Jeaninne...books...I don't read a lot of girlie books (although I did just read that book about the Hunt sisters of Nikkis).
-There's this author named Haruki Murakami (he's Japanese) and one of my favourite books he's written is called 'Norwegian Wood' - it made me cry.
-if you want good mystery fiction, try reading 'Mystic River' or 'Shutter Island' by Dennis LeHane. I've got Mystic River if you want to borrow it...it was very good, especially if you haven't seen the movie. I saw the movie but still REALLY liked the book.
-I really really loved 'A Complicated Kindness' by Miriam Towes (she's a canadian)
-try and get a copy of 'the DaVinci Code' - it was good, as was 'Angels and Demons' which is also by Dan Brown.
-'Blood Memory' by Greg Iles is one that I could not put down as I was reading - it's another mystery that takes place in the southern USA. Apparently there are a bunch of books he's written before Blood Memory that are way better, but I haven't gotten to them yet!
-'the Poisonwood Bible' by Barbara Kingsolver (I think) - I've got that one too.
-Oprah's latest book is called 'Night' by Elie Wiesel. I've got that one too which is really good - had to read it for a history class back in university.

let me know if you'd like to borrow anything...and if you want to check out more books, check out the Edmonton public library here.

have a great weekend, everyone....I'm babysitting tonight so think of me - without laughing, please!
~casey

8 Response to "yikes..."

  1. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for all the suggestions Casey! I just finished Da Vinci code and am almost finished Angels & Demons - they are both very good! Poisonwood Bible was ok - a little drawn out for me.

    I might have to visit your library as well...

    Ps: Remember to have conversations with the baby!

  2. Tracey Robertson Says:

    olympic conspiracy numero uno: why did this gambling news story come out rite before the olympics where people are questioning whether wayne gretzky should even go to italy??

    i swear the olympics bring out the best and the worst in me...

  3. Tracey Robertson Says:

    i guess roots isn't doing our outfits anymore...the bay is...i like the trapper hats! :) lol

  4. Anonymous Says:

    you're making me sick of the olympics already!

  5. Unknown Says:

    The bay and sears and zellers are selling some serious olympic roots gear! The Olympics are all about conspiracy theories..maybe we will have another streaker!!!

  6. Tracey Robertson Says:

    how can you already be sick of the olympics...i got olympic feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvver!!

  7. Tracey Robertson Says:

    olympic update #1: we have one gold medal!! we will now be seeing that performance about 15 times!!!!!!!!! :) YIPPPEEEEE

  8. Tracey Robertson Says:

    olympic update #2: we have a bronze medal!!!!! i am just so damn proud to be canadian!