THANK YOU TRACEY...

...for bringing that up as I was going to mention all of those glorious things about winter today as well! Even the frost on the grass and trees (which, in fact, is called hoar frost) is pretty when the sun is rising and setting. but since Tracey has already talked about this, I'll move on...

We found out today that Kodak has stopped making photographic paper, and we just happen to use that paper here almost everyday! It made me really sad knowing that this huge mega-company has given up on us traditionalists and are focussing solely on the digital side of photography. I can only guess that the other companies (such as Ilford - product plug here!) will be following suit within the next couple of years. What does that mean for the Archives? Soon we won't have a choice but to produce things strictly through the computer. This makes me feel sad and somewhat abandoned. I know, I know - Casey, stop being a drama queen! I can't help it, and I haven't really bitched about anything in a while so I fell as though I'm due for a ranting session.
So needless to say, my boss and I were talking today about printing and toning, and I found out that he has a bottle of 'gold chloride', which when used with photo paper will turn it either a goldy-purple colour, or just a brown/yellow tone. But I guess a tiny vial of the stuff cost over $100 years ago so who knows how much it would be now!

Talking about this stuff all morning has gotten me to really miss printing and doing my own creative photography so here's what I'm proposing:
~starting next week, I will start doing custom photography for you, my friends and family. Basically I will photograph whatever you want a photo of! Your favourite flower, a still-life, you in a dramatic moody pose (Jeaninne), WHATEVER!
~I will have to charge you a bit for my time and supplies, but overall it won't be too much. So think about it! Christmas is coming up soon (less than two months now!!!) You know how to contact me! (as I'm not giving my phone number on here!)

And speaking of Christmas, I can't wait! It's already less than two weeks until Tracey's room becomes a winter wonderland and that's where it all starts for me.
Take care...one more day til the weekend...
~casey

4 Response to "THANK YOU TRACEY..."

  1. Tracey Robertson Says:

    casey i couldn't agree with you more...if you want me to rant i think the same thing has happened with animation, i know i am a nerd. but really you can only be as creative as your computer. or maybe i should rephrase that a different sort of creativity is made but it is sad to see certain forms of art die out....sigh...

  2. Tracey Robertson Says:

    and your welcome

  3. Unknown Says:

    I agree Casey, it is sad, but as long as there are people like you who love it, it will stay alive!
    Yes I want my mysterious pictures!!!! I am going to call you and make an appointment...and I want to do my lamps still! I am so excited!

    Ah yes Tracey's room will be going through it's transformation soon!

  4. Tracey Robertson Says:

    maybe i will take pics, you all sound so excited!!
    jeaninnes pics make me laugh...and there is a perfect place for a portrait of her and gary!!