oh monday

...have I mentioned how much I don't enjoy mondays? Anyway, had a pretty good weekend. Finally saw the muchly-anticipated Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I'm interested to hear what everyone else thought of it. I don't know if it's because we had to wait so long to get in, or if it was because the movie started as late as it did, but I'm going to have to say that it was probably my least favourite of the four. And here's why:

-I know you're never going to have a movie as good as the book (most of the time) but this one seemed really...I don't know...it just focussed on the one thing (the Triwizard Tournament) and really didn't focus on anything else!
-Lord Voldemort was a bit of a disappointment - I thought he was going to be much scarier than he actually was, but really, he was just a guy in a nightgown!
-all of the scenes were really short and didn't invest anything in the story (see my first point)

So all in all, I did enjoy it (minus the times when my eyes shut all by themselves). But you know. I'm so hard to please!! So let me know what you thought!

So what did I do for the rest of the weekend? Spent it with my friend Lynette sewing stuff at mom's, then watching a movie, eating out and eating chocolate, and then spending THREE HOURS at Ikea. Why three hours, you ask? Because that's how much time a three-year old needs to wander around and explore every single playhouse they have in that ENORMOUS store. It was exhausting and I didn't even do anything! It's going to be really interesting when we babysit for them in December. At least Emma can talk now and I don't have to worry about that 'awkward' silence! (p.s. Tracey - please don't plan your b-day for December 3...I've been committed to watching the little terror!!)
Then last night I settled down to watch my favourite show on the telly right now, 'Grey's Anatomy'. So good...oh, Patrick Dempsey...

But that's it for me - here's a really funny commercial that will hopefully brighten your day.


Click HERE to see the video.
ciao~
~casey

1 Response to "oh monday"

  1. Tracey Robertson Says:

    poor man in the commercial...ow!!

    casey i whole-heartedly disagree with your review on harry potter as i have already seen it again! :)

    i know that there was lack of character development but really read the book for character development...see the movie for action! the dragon and water scene were fantastic....ralph fiennes was unbelieveable as lord voldemort, and i think very scary with his snake-like nose...i think they accomplished the awkwardness of being a teenager but really the focus of the book is about the triwizard tournament so of course they had to cut down all the extra "fun" scenes in the book.....ahhhhhhh that is my opinion...you asked....lol