wha?!? monday???

I don't know about the rest of you that floated down the river yesterday, but I am completely exhausted! but holy smokes was it ever fun!! I only burned a little bit on my shoulders and my knees, so I think it was relatively successful! maybe again next year?? or we could spice it up and go to Salmon Arm next time! I felt like a jerk driving home last night as I slept pretty much the entire way! sal didn't mind, though, as he had a sleep at Loy's place before supper was ready!

When reading the newspaper and watching the news on t.v., I find myself more and more grateful to be living in Edmonton for the following reasons:

1. It has recently been decreed that Alberta has the most "comfortable" climate in Canada, between nice summer days and sunny days in winter!
2. Never will we have to worry about a hurricane tearing through our area, unlike those poor people in the south who need to brace themselves each summer!
3. Although our gang population seems to be on the rise, at least we don't have areas like they do in L.A. and New York (think...Compton...the Bronx...Hell's Kitchen!
4. How many terrorist attacks have we had in the past five years? (Despite the fact that Canada has been named on a terrorist hit list, I'm going to guess that Edmonton will be spared!)
5. I'll take Edmonton over most of Manitoba anyday!

so that's just a general list for now...feel free to comment and write your reasons!
Have a nice day...I'll try and write more later if I can get up the energy...

~cb

p.s. hopefully everyone had a good trip and didn't run out of gas?!? jeaninne, can't wait to hear the songs you were practising!

5 Response to "wha?!? monday???"

  1. Unknown Says:

    meh...I am so tired right now I can barely function, I am slouched like a hunchback at my desk. Rafting was fun! Salmon Arm would be a blast! My song would have been much more fabulous if Christine the Volume Nazi would have not been in shotgun!

  2. Unknown Says:

    Reason's why Edmonton Blows:
    (I can say these b/c I was born and raised here)
    1. We have the meanest drivers around who tail with no mercy are vendictive as who knows.
    2. We have more expensive gas than Calgary
    3. We have the North Saskatchewan river which is polluted with 3 eyed fish and baby diapers
    4. We are lacking in hot guys with accents
    5. Our climate is only comfortable to pregnant and menopausal women who are hot all the time

    Reason's why Edmonton is the best City in the whole world:
    1. We have the largest mall in the whole world
    2. I live here

  3. Tracey Robertson Says:

    you guys are hilarious!!! i don't think it is that bad b/c atleast we are in alberta which is soo close to the mountains....but i wish we were close to a beach too! :)

  4. Anonymous Says:

    umm...alberta beach?!?

  5. Tracey Robertson Says:

    umm...yeah...i am talking ocean beach...:)
    and as far as the weather...wierd hey...who would have thought that ab. has the most comfortable weather...