a sad sad day in the middle of the week...

I've just begun to realize the devastation that has been going on down in Louisiana - I haven't been paying too much attention to the news and how much the hurrican had devastated the area, particularly New Orleans! Some of the photos are just heart breaking and make me want to cry for all of them! At the same time, I'm not really sure how I'm feeling about the photojournalists and the media who are reporting on this stuff. On MSNBC at this site, if you go to see the slideshow, there is one photograph in there that shows a dead body floating in the water! It's terrible enough seeing those poor (and literally poor!) people clinging to their rooftops and being airlifted by helicopters - I don't need to see a dead body purely for shock value! That disturbs me!

Now here's my question: are the hurricanes just going to get worse and worse as time goes on? Or is this just going to be one of those flukey awful ones that hits once every thirty years? The news was saying that the last really devastating one was Hurricane Camille back in 1969! Who knows? All I know is that right now, I would rather take the shitty summer we've had over anything that might be happening down south!

And to all of those people who are going to be suing CN Rail now in Wabamun because their little summer cottages - no, not even their cottages! The LAKE has been tainted...get a little perspective! People down south have lost everything. You've lost a second property - at least you still have one! CN didn't force the derailment and it didn't happen on purpose. You should feel thankful that it wasn't worse than it could have been. Now stop complaining and start helping with the cleanup!

ok...I think that's all for today. feel free to comment and banter back.
have a nice hump day!
~casey

6 Response to "a sad sad day in the middle of the week..."

  1. Unknown Says:

    You tell 'em sister!
    Those pictures are very sad and shocking. I agree I will take crappo Edmonton over that any day.
    There is a girl who works at our Calgary office there this week on vacation. We heard yesterday that she is ok.

  2. Unknown Says:

    HELLLLLLOOOO is anyone alive?

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Casey I was wondering how to send that Andy Dick video on Bush to some of my family. I tried to get it to my e-mail and it did not work. It was great and I know a few people who would get a chuckle out of it.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Jeaninne How's your morning so far. I am streaking my hair waiting for the timer to go off. Tracey won't help me cause she said I went spasso the last time I did it. Can you believe she said that!! Iam such a quiet reserved type person.

  5. casey Says:

    hi janey!
    for the video copy the following link into your email, and tell them to either click on it if it lets them, or they will have to copy and paste it into the address bar when they're on the internet (for example, that's where the address for my blog is!) here it is: http://www.xroadsfilms.com/batescomedycentral/

    glad you're back!

  6. Unknown Says:

    I wrote this msg yeserday and for some reason it did not post?

    Hi Jane...hmmm quiet and reserved would not be the first words I would use to describe you!