monday afternoon...

see everyone?!? I'm still around and still able to keep you occupied while I'm vacationing! I think the thing I love most about visiting family is that you don't ever have to feel like you have to always be doing something! today I woke up at 9am (no, I can't sleep in anymore!) and it's already 12:30pm and we still haven't done a thing! Oh, Sal was fixing stuff on his truck and I cleaned the waffle maker, but that's it!!! it's fantastic!

today we're going to a place called Margaret Falls - it's only going to be 26 degrees and a bit cloudy, so I won't have to worry about a sunburn! I missed a spot yesterday when applying it, so I've got a nice red spot on the top of my shoulder - I look like such a goof! Then later on we're going to float down the river on inner tubes and just relax! Jeaninne I thought of you when my cousin told me about that because that's essentially what you want to do in Calgary!

And yes, we did go for pie last night, and I made the mistake of getting chocolate cream pie, which my Uncle Jack informed me was pretty much just pudding mixed with whipping cream! None of us were really happy with our desserts except for Sal, who went for the smart choice of your standard pumpkin pie! Tonight we're going back to give it a second chance...I'm thinking maybe cherry or apple....ooohhhh yeahhhh! I'll be thinking of all of you!

So I guess that's it for now - we're all trying to keep cool in this hot, hot house. The nicest place to rest is outside on the deck - maybe I'll go read while everyone else is getting ready! I'm on about chapter 10 of Harry Potter - I tried to read as much as I could on the way here, but then I started feeling bad for Sal, as he drove the entire way! For this trip we decided to try one of those books on tape, and it's actually much better and more interesting then I thought it would be. We'll probably stick with that for trips from now on!

Anyway, take care everyone, and I'll try to keep you updated with my many goings-on!
~cb

2 Response to "monday afternoon..."

  1. Tracey Robertson Says:

    ahhh casey i am jealous...it is so nice out rite now and i am stuck at work....i finished the 4th harry potter last nite and cried again...i don't know what it is about that book but i just feel so bad for harry!! okay well i better go! :) have a good time!

  2. Unknown Says:

    Hey Casey,
    Phew I was glad there was an email from you. Glad you are having fun! Sounds awesome!