I love december

Reasons why I love December in Alberta:

~there's usually enough snow on the ground and chill in the air to really make it feel wintery and Christmas-y
~December is always cold enough that you HAVE to wear those cute mitts and the scarf you bought on sale last year!
~the lights put up at the Legislature buildings make it so nice to walk around outside
~Candy Cane lane comes out in full force, and gives us an excuse to walk around in the blistering cold (when we normally wouldn't), drink hot chocolate and baileys (which we love!), and also gives you an excuse to wear your comfy snow pants outside of the ski hill!
~when December 1st comes around, you can almost guarantee half of the houses out there have turned on their christmas lights and put their trees up!
~I celebrate two important birthdays in December (Mom and Tracey!)
~I'm pretty sure it's the most beautiful time of year in the mountains!
~have I mentioned hot chocolate and BAILEY'S yet?
~I love coming out of the cold into my nice warm apartment, and then crawling under the covers of my huge duvet!
~It's so much fun planning and going to those many Christmas parties and dinners and having cookie exchanges!

...but that's just me.
What is your favourite thing about December?

have a great weekend!
~casey

6 Response to "I love december"

  1. Tracey Robertson Says:

    okay mine is really cheezee b/c i am not really that religous but i love singing silent night at the candle light service on christmas eve.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    I do enjoy Christmas Eve Services. This year our church is having hay rides before church..... Anyways I have a tough time sharing in the winter joy. I hate winter. I do enjoy occasional winter activities such as sledding, skating, tobaganning, but I would have no problem giving them up. I am going to become one of those old people who takes a Winnebago to Arizona.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Happy Birthday Dear Tracey Happy Birthday to you!!!!

  4. Tracey Robertson Says:

    thanks anonymous! :)

  5. Tracey Robertson Says:

    did you guys ever wonder about why people don't carol anymore...where has it gone...and why won't it come back?

  6. Unknown Says:

    LETS BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!