warning: picture heavy!!

So how are you feeling after the hot hot weekend! Those hot days make me feel so sleepy and lethargic. It sure was hard getting back to school after a relaxing weekend. I finally got little Diesel back from the mechanic in Camrose - I had a great time taking a little road trip with just little H. I listened to my favourite podcast on the way there. Have you listened to 'This American Life' from NPR? If you like stories and storytelling, I would highly recommend this podcast. Very interesting.

Earlier this spring Sal built a fence around half of our driveway (we went from four car spaces down to two), and then he built 6 large deep planters. Instead of having a plot in the community garden this year, we planted veggies in the new boxes. We've got lettuce, peppers, carrots, peas, zucchini, and cucumber. Take a peek (there are some flowers scattered around too!):

One of my favourite pots - Martha Washington's and pansies!



My begonias - I mostly love the pots I planted them in:



We are growing wheat in the fire pit again:



Look at all of those strawberries already! We've got three plants like this already:



One of two lettuce boxes:



Our pepper plants - kind of hard to see but there are so many peppers already:



Of course, there is so much more to see! You will just have to drop by sometime...seriously! Please drop by!

I also got that WIP that I mentioned a few days ago finished tonight. Since baby H has been rolling over like crazy lately up in her crib and has been kicking off all of her blankets, I made a 'sleeping sack' out of this book. I made it out of some Japanese squares I bought ages ago, as well as the cutest bumblebee fabric.



I haven't been able to test it out on little H yet as she was sleeping when I finished it tonight, so I had to use my next favourite model:



Mitch, my old faithful Cabbage Patch Kid. I think he really likes it - look at the smile on his face!

Have a good Tuesday!
-c.

2 Response to "warning: picture heavy!!"

  1. Megan Says:

    OH i love Mitch...that sleeping pouch is really cute. did you use it tonight?

  2. Mom Says:

    Casey, I love your blog, your flowers and garden are fabulous, and Hailey's little sleeping sack is the cutest.